- 1/4 cup light olive oil
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup macadamia nuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 300-degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- In a large bowl, mix olive oil and sugar until well blended.
- Beat in vanilla and eggs.
- In a clean bowl, combine flour, salt, and baking powder in a separate bowl. Gradually stir into the egg mixture.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Fold in macadamia nuts.
- Divide dough in half.
- Form two logs on a baking sheet. If the dough becomes too sticky to handle, wet your hands with cool water to easily handle the dough.
- Bake for 35 minutes until logs are light brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 275-degrees.
- Slice logs into 3/4 inch thick slices.
- Lay slices on their sides onto baking sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes or until dry.
|Chop macadamia nuts.|
|Add dry ingredients into a bowl.|
|In a clean bowl, add sugar.|
|Measure olive oil.|
|Add eggs and olive oil to sugar.|
|Gradually add flour.|
|Add remaining flour and mix.|
|Fold in chocolate chips.|
|Add macadamia nuts and mix.|
|Take half of the dough onto the baking sheet.|
|Form into a log.|
|Repeat with other half of dough.|
|Dip fingers into cold water if the dough gets too difficult to handle.|
|I make the logs about a 1/2 inch in thickness.|
|Bake for 35 minutes in a 300-degree oven.|
|Reduce oven temperature to 275-degrees.|
|Place on baking sheet, sliced-side up. Bake again for 10 minutes.|
|Enjoy with a cup of coffee or tea.|
|I hope you're all enjoying the sunshine in Chicago!|