- 2 cups sweetened coconut flakes
- Green food coloring paste or 4 - 8 drops of regular food coloring
- Zip lock bag
- Peeps, chocolate eggs or garnish of your choice
- Dip toothpick or chopstick into food coloring paste. Dab paste along the inside of the plastic bag. If using regular food coloring, add 4 drops of food coloring into the ziplock bag.
- Add 1 cup of sweetened coconut flakes. Massage coconut flakes to distribute the food coloring evenly.
- Add more food coloring until you reach your desired shade of green. If the color is too vibrant, add more coconut flakes to suit your taste.
- Sprinkle dyed coconut on cupcakes.
- Garnish with Peeps, chocolate eggs, or anything Easter!
|Get your ingredients ready!|
|Dip chopstick or toothpick into food coloring paste.|
|Apply food coloring to the inside of the ziplock bag.|
|Add one cup of coconut flakes.|
|Massage coconut flakes to evenly distribute the food coloring.|
|Set aside dyed coconut flakes.|
|Get your garnishes ready! I used Cadbury chocolate eggs.|
|I had to eat a Peep before I took the photo. I love these little suckers.|
|Sprinkle coconut flakes.|
|Decorate as you please.|
|I added a dab of frosting to the bottom of each Peep as "glue" to hold it in place.|
Happy Easter and happy baking.