|2014 is the year of the skinny b*tch and this paleo granola recipe has been my go-to snack in staving off my endless sugar cravings. This recipe is not only highly addicting, it is also extremely easy to make. Plus, this recipe is easily modifiable so you can add or subtract any ingredients that tickle your fancy. So whip out your Costco card and start buying unsalted nuts in bulk because after making one batch of this granola, you'll be hooked. Recipe inspired and modified by PaleOMG.|
- 1 cup unsalted almonds, chopped or sliced
- 1 cup unsalted sunflower seeds
- 1 cup unsalted pecans, chopped
- 1 cup unsalted cashews
- 1 cup dried fruit of your choice
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- 1/2 cup oil of your choice
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt (optional)
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Coarsely chop pecans, almonds, cashews or nuts of your choice.
- Add nuts, chia seeds, and cinnamon in a large mixing bowl.
- Add oil, honey, and maple syrup. Mix well.
- Spread mixture on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes.
- Let cool.
|Add chia seeds.|
|Add dried fruit.|
|Mix dry ingredients.|
|Add vegetable oil.|
|Add maple syrup.|
|Immediately spread mixture onto a lined baking sheet.|
|Be sure that the mixture is spread evenly on the baking sheet.|
|Bake in a 300-degree F oven for about 20-25 minutes.|
|Remove from oven and let cool.|
|Break apart and serve.|
|Eat with greek yogurt, almond milk, or whatever your heart desires.|