|Need an affordable, mess-free dessert this Memorial Day weekend? Try making these One Bite S'mores! These 3-ingredient mini treats are super quick and simple to make. Plus, if you're headed to the beach or a barbecue, these desserts are travel friendly! Place them in a gallon-size ziplock bag and they are ready for travel with no bulk and no mess! They babies won't get smooshed unless you sit on them. If you'd like, add an adorable striped straw for a nice touch. Recipe inspired by Pretty Foods. [Pictured: Dessert table from Thomas and Jackie's Wedding. Photo courtesy of the very talented Wayne and Angela.]|
2 cups crushed graham crackers
12 oz. of Almond Bark or milk chocolate chocolate chips
1 bag of regular sized marshmallows
24 striped straws (optional)
Note: If you are using a straw for this recipe, remember to make a small slit on the bottom of every marshmallow with a knife. This will prevent your marshmallows from squishing when you insert the straw when the marshmallows are dry.
- Place crushed graham crackers in a bowl.
- Melt chocolate in the microwave in 30 second intervals until smooth. Be sure to mix after every 30 seconds.
- Dip 3/4 of the marshmallow into melted chocolate.
- Immediately roll the chocolate covered marshmallow into the graham crackers until fully coated.
- Lay marshmallow, dry side (no chocolate side) down, onto wax paper.
- Wait for chocolate to dry.
- Eat or insert straws. Then eat.
|An easy way to crush graham crackers is to place whole crackers into a gallon-size ziplock bag. Seal tight. Then roll over with a rolling pin or wine bottle.|
Have a safe and fun Memorial Day weekend!