Sunday, July 8, 2012

Lillie's Q

Lillie's Q is owned by award-winning Chef Charlie McKenna and is one the best barbeque joints in Chicago.  I friggin' love this place.  The food is outstanding, the service is friendly, and the prices are very reasonable.  Plus, the decor of this restaurant is sophisticated yet cozy with a Southern hospitality feel.  I also find it heartwarming that Chef Charlie named his restaurant after his grandmother who taught him how to cook.  I'm pretty positive I was sitting right next to Chef Charlie during dinner but I was too starstruck to strike up a conversation with him.  Maybe next time I'll grow some balls and say hello.
1856 W North Ave
ChicagoIL 60622
3 1/2 stars on Yelp
(773) 772-5500


How cute is the story behind this place?  Gotta love a guy who loves his grandma!
I loved these lights that hung above the bar.
6 varieties of Lillie's Q house made BBQ sauces are available at every table.  My personal favorite? Hot Smoky.
Lillie's Q offers fantastic whiskey cocktails!
Cocktails are served in mason jars.  Adorbs.  Pictured: Berries and cream.  SO delish and refreshing! 
If you're not a whiskey drinker, you have other options.
Shrimp and grits.  Amazeballs.  ORDER THIS. 
Green beans topped with house made bacon.  Crunchy and fresh!  So good!
Mac and cheese.  Creamy, cheesy, and wonderful.
Baby back ribs.  Beautiful.
 DROOL.  Perfectly smoked and tender. 
hortcake. Southern biscuit, fruit of the season, and chantilly creme. 
Light, fresh, and fruity.  A lovely summer dessert. 

Happy eating.

xoxo
Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment