- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/3 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 king-sized milk chocolate bars (e.g. Hershey’s)
- 1 jar of marshmallow fluff
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease an 8-inch square baking pan.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until light. Beat
in egg and vanilla. In a small bowl, whisk together flour, graham
cracker crumbs, baking powder and salt. Add to butter mixture and mix at
a low speed until combined.
- Divide dough in half and press half of dough into an even layer on the bottom of the prepared pan. Place chocolate bars over dough. 2 king-sized Hershey’s bars should fit perfectly side by side, but break the chocolate (if necessary) to get it to fit in a single layer no more than 1/4 inch thick. Spread chocolate with marshmallow creme or fluff.
- Place remaining dough in a single layer on top of the fluff (most easily achieved by flattening the dough into small shingles and laying them together).
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, until lightly browned. Cool completely before cutting into bars.
|In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy.|
|Beat in egg and vanilla. Don't forget to scrap the sides of the bowl.|
|Take one package of graham crackers and place them in a ziplock bag.|
|Take a rolling pin and roll out on to the zip lock bag, crushing the graham crackers.|
|If you don't have a rolling pin, you can use a wine bottle too.|
|Measure 3/4 cup of graham cracker crumbs.|
|Add flour, salt, and baking powder.|
|Add the dry mixture to butter-sugar mixture.|
|Take half of the mixture and place it in a greased square pan.|
|Flour the bottom of your 1 cup measuring cup.|
|Evenly flatten the mixture into the bottom of the pan.|
|Unwrap 2 king size chocolate bars.|
|Lay out on to crust. It may be easier to leave the chocolate bars whole rather than breaking them apart.|
|Spread marshmallow fluff.|
|Take your remaining crust mixture and flatten out into panels. I used the back of my measuring up to help me.|
|Panels should be about 1/4 inch to 1/2 inch thick.|
|Lay on top of marshmallow fluff. It's perfectly fine if the panels overlap.|
|Bake in a 350-degree oven for 30-35 minutes until lightly browned.|
|Cool for 10 minutes.|
|Cut into squares.|
|Heaven in your mouth.|