Monday, March 5, 2012

Easy Peasy Applesauce

After a weekend filled with champagne and sweets, I needed to detox... at least for a day.  Here's a simple recipe for an all natural, no-sugar-added applesauce recipe. 

Ingredients
7-8 apples
1 1/2 cups water

Directions
1.  Wash apples.
2.  Peel, core and chop apples.
3.  Place prepared apples into a large pot.  Add water.
4.  Cover and let simmer on low to medium heat for about 20-30 minutes.
5.  Mash apples in pot. 
6.  Refrigerate and serve chilled.
You can use any apple of your choice, I chose Honeycrisp apples. 
Wash your apples.  I love this Kitchen Aid expandable colander.  It's so convenient and the the size is adjustable to fit your kitchen sink. 
Peel, peel, peel.
My apple coring station.
Place your apples in a large stock pot and add water.
Cover and turn the stove to low-medium heat.
Simmer for about 20-30 minutes.
While the apples simmered, I played with Sophia.  She prefers dried pineapples over apples.
The apples should be like mush and easily mash-able.
I use my utensil to mash the apples against the pot.
Refrigerate and serve chilled. 
Enjoy your heart healthy treat!

xoxo
Grace

2 comments: